Wednesday, August 15, 2007

WEEK TWO/THREE: Damn broken motherboard and my stupid computer ...

First off, I'd like to let everyone know that I'm still here and yes, the counter above this post is still accurate. I've gone almost three weeks without smoking. WOO FREAKIN' HOO!

Here's a little of what's been going on in my life here lately. First, the motherboard in my computer decided to take its ball and go home, forcing me to buy a new motherboard. I've also been basically chained to my desk at work, trying to put out our special section that they gave me no overtime to do ... so I had to do that on top of my regular work ... all while training a new guy. On top of that, I spent most of today at the hospital with a friend of mine who was having a procedure done on his hip. So yeah, it's been a fairly stressful couple of days.

The great thing about all of this is ... I haven't smoked. Even with everything going on and me being extremely stressed, I haven't wanted to smoke. The "craving" of me wanting to kill everyone has also passed, so I haven't been as moody or irritable.

Again, I do want to thank everyone who was concerned when they hadn't heard from me. I can assure you that all is well (hopefully, my computer will be all better tomorrow) and I'll be able to write more later. Until then, my healthier lungs and I would again like to say thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you are doing your thing, Frank! Being busy isn't an all bad thing those first few weeks.

Sherri said...

Great job! Hang in there darlin'. It's almost 23 days for me. Easier each day, not that it's easy.