Thursday, August 23, 2007

WEEK FOUR: Holy hell! It's been a month? Really?!?

So, here I sit, at the Panera Bread in town, thinking about my little anniversary, if you will. I cannot believe that it's been a month already. I would say that the time has simply flown by and that everything was peachy-keen the entire time, but I think everyone knows that's not the case.

A quick update: It is true ... the little banner on top of the page is still correct. I have gone that long without a cigarette. The amount of time that's passed isn't what gets me, though. It's the total number of cigarettes (on average) not smoked in that time. Wow. It does tend to add up.

The other night, I had a dream where I was smoking. It was my first "I'm smoking" dream since I quit. Strange thing was that I remember in the dream I was keenly aware that what I was doing was wrong and I was trying to hide it from everyone. Again, this would be the point in the blog where I assure everyone that I have remained true and I really haven't smoked. Truth be told, I still really don't have a desire to smoke. Sure, every once in awhile, I sit back and think, "I sure could use a cigarette right now," but it's nothing more than a fleeting thought and then I go about with whatever it was I was doing.

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for Chantix. I'd like to think that I do have a little bit of will power, but without the medicine, I don't think I could have pulled it off.

Well, I need to cut this one short, since I am at Panera and there's someone staring over my shoulder, either really interested in what I'm writing or trying to get me to get up so he can have my table. *Sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome - congrats on a month! It's amazing how fast the days string together. Keep going!

exsmoker mom said...

Way to go, FWG! I haven't checked here in awhile since you seemed to have dropped out. Glad to see you're doing great!